The Full Kit
80% Hand Sanitizer
Cotton Mask Storage Sack
Trek & Travel Pocket Soap
Introducing the PPE Travel Kit to help you travel smartly and more safely during this unusual period in our lives. We have thoughtfully and carefully selected these items based on everything we have learned and read since the inception of Covid 19.
Remember these simple guidelines and enjoy your trip with some peace of mind - plan ahead, wear a mask when in confined areas or when social distancing isn’t possible (ideally a mask that protects you and others around you – more on that in the dialogue below), practice excellent hand hygiene, and be prepared for unexpected twists and turns.
Each PPE Road Kit consists of:
- 4 - KN95 protective masks
- 4 - Fabric storage sacks in which to store you KN95's while they are "resting" in between use
- 2 - 80% ethyl alcohol hand sanitizer spray bottles
- 1 - trek & travel personal travel soap container
IMPORTANT: Use of these products is not foolproof and comes with no guarantee that users are 100% protected from contracting Covid 19 (or other infections). There are many variables which can impact their effectiveness – improper hand hygiene, improper donning and removal of the mask, a loose fit, not storing the mask in a clean pouch when it is "resting", re-using the mask if it has been compromised, making a personal mistake, and more. Having said that, these items are among the most effective and protective items available on the civilian market and we offer them to you.
KN95 Respirator (Face Mask) – The Kit includes 4 – KN95 masks
- We have selected the KN95 respirator because it is a suitable alternative for the standard N95 mask which is in such short supply.
- Like the N95, the KN95 has a snug fit and provides significant respiratory protection from large particle droplets and small particle aerosols, blocking up to 95% of particles .3 microns and larger.
- Intended for single use, when handled with proper hand hygiene and stored carefully, these masks can be re-used on a limited basis.
- Hands should be sanitized prior to donning, touching, or removing the mask.
- Our kit comes with 4 masks so their usage can be rotated - wear “Mask # 1” on Day 1 then store it in its own cotton storage sack and “rest” it for 3 days (this allows the mask to dry out and virtually re-sterilizes it); wear “Mask # 2” on Day 2 then store it in its own cotton storage sack and “rest” if for 3 days, and so forth.
- 4 cotton storage sacks are included in the kit (cotton breathes and allows the mask to dry while stored in the sack).
- Any mask should be discarded after exposure to an aerosol event, if the fit has been compromised, or if the mask becomes damaged, deformed, dirty, or wet.
- Important Note: We considered offering the blue colored surgical style mask you see on many wearers and decided against it - they are loose fitting and leakage occurs around the edge of the mask when the wearer inhales and exhales. They do not protect the wearer, or others in the vicinity of the wearer, from inhaling or exhaling small particle aerosols and so are not considered respiratory protection. Similarly, cloth / fabric masks being worn, do not protect the wearer and others in the vicinity of the wearer from small particle aerosols and so do not provide significant respiratory protection.
80% Ethyl Alcohol Hand Sanitizer 2 oz. Spray – The Kit includes 2 – 2 oz. spray bottles
- 80% ethyl alcohol spray is the way to go with a hand sanitizer. It exceeds the CDC’s guidelines of “at least 60% ethyl alcohol content”
- We chose spray rather than gel because the spray application allows versatility
- You can use it to sanitize hands, body, and personal devices and surfaces
Trek & Travel Pocket Soap – The Kit includes one packet of pocket soap
- Each matchbox size package contains 50 “leaves” of pure dry soap.
- There’s no risk of leakage in your luggage, carry-on, or pack.
- The easy-to-ration leaves mean you’ll have plenty of soap to last your entire trip.
- The packet of dry leaves of soap should be kept out of contact with water to prevent all the leaves from dissolving together.
- To use, open the package, remove one or two leaves, and re-seal that package with dry fingers before you wash.
- Dissolve the leaf in water, then rub vigorously between the palms of both hands to generate lots of lather
- Biodegrable and environmentally friendly phosphate free
- Light Green Tea fragrance.
This Kit is non-returnable and non-refundable.